Saturday, June 30, 2012

White chocolate butterscotch cookies

White chocolate butterscotch cookies / Cookies de butterscotch e chocolate branco

I read the wonderful "Awards Daily" everyday and yesterday I saw the trailer for "The Sessions": you know that I adore John Hawkes and he's kicking some serious ass in that movie; before watching the trailer I thought the movie would go heavy on the drama but there's a comedy feel to it that I absolutely loved - William H. Macy looks great as the priest. There, another movie I cannot wait to watch - the list is never-ending, I guess. ;)

Another never-ending list of mine is the one with recipes I want to try, but to be honest these cookies were not on top of that list; I wanted to bake something with fruit but I did not have any around, so the bag of white chocolate chips inspired me to try Martha's recipe - and that was a delicious surprise: these cookies are easy to make and taste great.

White chocolate butterscotch cookies
slightly adapted from the wonderful Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook

1 ¾ cups (245g) all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup + 2 tablespoons (198g) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 ¼ cups (220g) brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
225g (8oz) white chocolate, chopped into 6mm (¼in) chunks – I used white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and creamy. Scrape the sides of the bowl. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
With the mixer on low speed add the flour in two batches and beat until just combined. Stir in the chocolate.
Drop 2 tablespoons of dough at a time about 5cm (2in) apart onto prepared sheets.
Bake rotating the pans halfway though, until lightly golden around the edges, about 15 minutes.
Let cookies cool on the pans for 2 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Cookies can be kept at room temperature in an airtight container up to 4 days.

Makes 2 dozen cookies – I used 2 leveled tablespoons of dough per cookie and got 30

3 comments:

Laura (Tutti Dolci) said...

What perfect cookies, how delicious!

Nicoletta Palmas said...

They look perfect and delicious!!!!! Mmmmm I wouldn't mind to have a few now to taste them!

Lindsey said...

These look delicious! I am a huge fan of butterscotch!

Related Posts with Thumbnails