Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Strawberry crumble

Strawberry crumble / Crumble de morango

This cold weather makes me crave hearty, comforting food, both savory and sweet. On the savory side soups get all my attention, but when it comes to sweet recipes crumbles are THE winter dessert to me – I could easily have one a day. :)

This delicious crumble comes from Valentina’s fabulous blog – and just so you know it, I’m just getting started on strawberry recipes around here. :)

Strawberry crumble

185g strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise
1 tablespoon caster sugar
½ tablespoon lemon juice – I used lime
3 ½ tablespoons (49g) cold unsalted butter, chopped
½ cup + 1 tablespoon (80g) all purpose flour
3 ½ tablespoons (42g) caster sugar
pinch of salt

Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
Butter two 1-cup capacity ovenproof bowls and divide the strawberries among them. Sprinkle each with ½ tablespoon sugar and drizzle with the lemon juice.
Place the butter, flour, sugar and salt in a small bowl and, using your fingertips, rub them together until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over the strawberries, place the bowls on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
Serve warm with cream or yogurt.

Serves 2

13 comments:

Gaëlle said...

Yummifull!

Paula said...

oh, I can`t stop looking at this!

WendyinKK said...

Love the intense red colour of the strawberries...

Erica Lea {Cooking for Seven} said...

Ah, it looks scrumptious! Our strawberries are just beginning to ripen. I love you presentation of this dessert.

Patty said...

Those look delicious! I'm a fan of fruit crumbles for breakfast. :)

Unknown said...

You know how it is said that as we age our tastes change right? Well, of late I seem to want to eat sweet things but I mostly want to blame you :) because you make every dessert so tempting!

Abby said...

Our strawberries are all gone around here, and we've moved on to cherries! But I think they would work with this recipe, too!

LOVE THAT SPOON.

Anonymous said...

This looks like the perfect recipe for using up the end of the season strawberries! Beautiful!

The Urban Baker said...

yummy recipe, yummy photos! xx

ChichaJo said...

I can't wait for cooler weather! Summer is coming to an end over here so I'm hoping the temperature drops a bit soon! Of course the heat never stops me from baking...especially something as gorgeous as this! Love the brilliant red seeping out from under the crumble :)

Barbara said...

Soooo delicious! All that drips falling from the cup...yummy!

Unknown said...

WOW, I LOVE LOVE your blog. So glad to have found you.

Patricia Scarpin said...

Gaëlle, thank you!

Paula, give it a try! :)

Wendy, thank you!

Erica Lea, thank you, sweetie! I have so many other recipes with strawberries in mind... ;)

Patty, I have got to try them for breakfast now - great idea! :)

Cynthia, you are just the sweetest gal around - thank you, darling! You know I mean no harm, right? ;)
xoxo

Abby, yay! Cherries are delicious! But here we won't have them until the end of the year. :(
I bought that spoon (a set of 6, actually) in London and love it too - thank you, sweetie!

Michelle, thank you, darling!

Susan, thank you!
xoxo

Joey, I'm not a summer creature, unlike 90% of the Brazilians... :)
Like you, I can bake under any temperature - it's an addiction! :)
Thank you, gorgeous!
xx

Barbara, thank you!

Jennifurla, welcome! Hope to see you around here again!
Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails